Please welcome Lorelie Brown as she takes us on a tour of her writing space!
- That’s a bookmark from Belle at Disneyworld. Yes, I waited in line to meet Belle. Yes, I sniffled a little bit. She gives out bookmarks, y’all! That’s my kind of princess.
- I think my RITA finalist flag may have been the very first thing I unpacked when I got back from Nationals ’17.
- This super-cute hatbox came from my supervisor at work, on Administrative Professionals Day. Even better, it came with a homemade pie in it. Now I use it to store stickers and cute paperclips and decorative thingies for my planner.
- Washi tape storage. It’s almost full. I counted a month or two ago and I have over 120 rolls. I feel no guilt, because decorating my planner and other paper goods keeps me sane. It’s important to have hobbies that make you happy.
- Computer! My MacBook is six years old. I had to replace the keyboard once after I spilled sugary coffee all over it, and the hard drive after a cat pushed it off a desk. (Cats are assholes.) Lemme take this moment to warn you to keep your computers backed up!
- Yarn! The yarn itself came from a big sale at KnitPicks.com. It was a dollar a skein! (I’m a cheapskate.) I’m participating in a knit-along right now. We’re doing the free Citron pattern from Ravelry. There’s a hashtag and everything: #CitronKAL. I’m using it on twitter, but I know some people are also using it on Instagram.
- True crime shows. At the moment it’s playing SCORNED. I mostly let it play for background noise. It’s the episode where that chick tricks her estranged husband into letting her tie him up & blindfold him and then stabs him. Wait. I think that may happen in a couple different episodes…
- My planner! I’d be lost without that thing. I have a Jonelifish traveler’s notebook, which is really just a leather cover with straps for four notebooks in it. One is my planner, one is for introspection/journaling, one is for writing fiction and the last is for bills. Boo. Bills are boring.
- A stuffed animal that was in my partner’s planner one year. We named it Montecore. Yeah, I know. We’re terrible, terrible people. Sorry?
Of course, this is my at-home writing area. I’m just as likely to be writing in the back room at my day job office, or at a coffee shop on the weekend. You get it done where ya got to get it done, right?
And now ….. ABOUT HER HOMETOWN GIRL
I had doubts before the Big Day—doesn’t everyone?—but I didn’t expect to find my fiancée banging the caterer’s assistant right before the ceremony. Especially because he’s a guy. And we’re lesbians. The proper sort of Southern Californian lesbians who invest in hedge funds and wear bedazzled wedding dresses and wouldn’t be caught dead in a Subaru.
But then I became a runaway bride, headed straight for Belladonna Ink to get the kind of tattoo I always wanted and my ex always called trashy. She didn’t approve of a lot of things I did. I think maybe she didn’t approve of who I am.
So I’m determined to be as much of myself as I can manage. Dating my tattoo artist? I’m in. Cai is smart, sexy, and mysterious. Exactly what I need for a rebound. She keeps herself guarded, but I understand—I’m holding on to secrets too. The kind of secrets that make a girl want to run home to Mom, even if home is Idaho. Maybe especially then. I just didn’t expect Cai to come with me.
I wonder what it would take to get her to stay forever.
Now available from Riptide Publishing.
About the Belladonna Ink Universe
Belladonna Ink is the hottest female-centric tattoo parlor in Southern California. It doesn’t matter if you’re cis, trans, het, gay, or spectrum, our host of female tattoo artists will give you beautiful ink, personally designed. We don’t believe in paint-by-number drawings—you’re worth more than that. Give us a chance and we’ll help you find the meaning in your personal scribbles, and turn your skin into our professional canvas.
Just one thing: it’s really weird, but all our friends and some of our artists keep falling in love. Maybe it’s something in the ink.
Check out Belladonna Ink! http://www.riptidepublishing.com/titles/universe/belladonna-ink
About Lorelie Brown
After a seminomadic childhood throughout California, Lorelie Brown spent high school in Orange County before joining the US Army. After traveling the world from South Korea to Italy, she now lives north of Chicago. She writes her Pacific Blue series of hot surfers in order to channel some warmth.
Lorelie has three active sons, two yappy dogs, and a cat who cusses her out on a regular basis for not petting him enough.
In her immense free time (hah!) Lorelie cowrites award-winning contemporary erotic romance under the name Katie Porter. You can find out more about the Vegas Top Guns and Command Force Alpha series at www.KatiePorterBooks.com or at @MsKatiePorter. You can also contact Lorelie on Twitter @LorelieBrown.
Connect with Lorelie:
To celebrate the release of Her Hometown Girl, one lucky winner will receive a bottle of Macallan single malt whisky! Contest IS restricted to both US entries and to those over the age of 21. Leave a comment with your contact info to enter the contest. Entries close at midnight, Eastern time, on September 9, 2017.
Thanks for following the tour, and don’t forget to leave your contact info!